Terms and Conditions
- Owner/Property Manager provides: 6 large trash cans, trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, hand and dish washing soap, cleaning supplies and a 6 ft. ladder for decorating purposes. We do not provide hammers, nails, staples, extension cords, etc.
- Renter is responsible for setup, breakdown of tables and chairs and other items used. All chairs/tables/items included in the package must be cleaned and returned to the storage area where collected from. Tables, chairs, props, etc. that are property of The Duck Pond Farm are not to be left outside or uncovered overnight. Setup or stored under cover of the pavilion is permitted.
- All activities are to end according to times specified or no later than midnight of the event. Lights off, doors locked and event area vacated.
- Any guests that do not have reservations for overnight lodging with us, must vacate the premises no later than midnight. If overnight lodging (main house, chalet or bunkhouse) is desired by any guests during the event for overnight lodging, please contact Owner/Property Manager for availability, pricing and payment.
- Children must be supervised at ALL times.
- Decorating is allowed, however NO nails, tacks, staples, anything wall piercing are to be used on the outside stable walls. These are not wood. However, wood posts, beams, or any wood structure can be utilized to secure decorations with using: small nails, staples, tie wraps, tape, wire, rope, etc. Tape must be able to be removed without damage or residue left. If in doubt about what can be used, please ask. All decorations and attachments must be removed after the event.
- Candles must be in holders or containers that prevent wax from dripping on surfaces. No free standing candles allowed.
- No rice, confetti, streamers, or glitter is allowed. Bird seed is allowed outdoors, not on concreted areas.
- Loose rose petals are allowed - real rose petals are preferred as thee can be left on ground. Artificial petals must be picked up.
- Fireworks are NOT allowed. This includes poppers/streamers, and paper lanterns. Use of Sparklers must be requested and pre-approved prior to event. All sparkler and debris must be cleaned up.
- All facilities/rooms utilized for the event must be cleaned prior to the end of rental agreement. Includes cleaning of guest restrooms, catering kitchen, bride's and groom's dressing rooms, ALL facilities used for the event. Including counter tops, equipment used, sinks, toilets, floors, etc. The building/rooms must look the same as when presented to the Renter upon receipt of keys, codes or beginning rental agreement time frame. Any wax dripped on any surface must be removed. All trash (including cigarette butts) and recyclables must be gathered from pavilion and all rooms/premises used, then bagged and placed at the back entrance of the pavilion. Upon Checkout/inspection, if cleaning has not been completed as outlined in agreement and cleaning checklist, a $200.00 cleaning fee will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Any live music must cease by 10PM. Other music (DJ, KJ, radio, etc.) volume must be lowered at 10PM and end by 11PM. Owner/Property manager reserves the right to request volume to be turned down if deemed necessary.
- Portable dance floors can be used in the grass areas if pre-approved by the Owner/Property Manager. Set up and removal of portable dance floor is the responsibility of the Renter.
- Tents provided by outside vendors for Renter usage are allowed:
- Area for tent placement to be agreed upon by Owner/Property Manager.
- Setup and removal of tent must be completed within your venue rental time and is the responsibility of the Renter, to ensure there is no property damage.
- Tents must be Fire Retardant and meet the Fire Marshall's requirements and guidelines as established.
- Photography and Photo Sessions - You may use the property/facilities for your engagement photos of "Save the Date". Please contact Owner/Property Manager to schedule date/time. Please ensure there is no property damage done during photo sessions.
- Owner/Property Manager reserves the right to photography your event for possible use in marketing and advertising of the venue and facilities.
- Outside Vendors/Suppliers - It is the Renter's choice for outside vendors such as caterer, DJ, florist, photographer, etc. however we may be able to assist in providing a list of vendors if needed. Venue holds no obligations, contractually or financially with any outside vendors and will not be held liable for any contract agreements or cancellations in relation to outside vendors/suppliers.
- If access is needed to the Party Pavilion for deliveries, setup, etc. the SERVICE ENTRANCE at the back must be used. DO NOT allow any wheeled vehicles to drive on the grounds in front and around the pavilion corral area. There is a service road and service entrance at the rear of pavilion for easy access for all vendors.
- All rental equipment/supplies must be delivered and/or picked up during your venue rental time frame. Monday pickup may be arranged, providing there is not an event following yours on Sunday. Contact us for arrangements outside of your timeline. Owner/Property Manager not responsible for storage or losses of any outside vendor rental items.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in the pavilion area/rooms, specifically to include restrooms, dressing rooms (bride and groom) or catering/supply room. NO SMOKING, whatsoever, is allowed in the Main House, chalet or bunkhouse. Please use the provided "Butt-Tainer's" for all cigarette butt.s Please do not discard or throw them on the ground or property. Pleas ask your guests to use the same guidelines. Excessive cigarette butts on the grounds subject to cleaning fee.
- Liquor can be served, but NOT Sold at the event. Liquor includes beer, wine, and liquor of any type.
- An ABC licensed Bartender is required on site and must be in control of all liquor at the event. Renter/Bartender must supply copy of license to the Owner/Property Manager the day of the event. We expect and encourage everyone to drink responsibly. No glass bottles allowed. Cans or Kegs for beer are permitted.
- No consumption or serving of alcohol under the age of 21. Renter/Bartender agree to refuse to allow alcohol to be served to anyone under the age of 21 or anyone who is visibly or appears to be intoxicated.
- Owner/Property Manager reserves the right to ask the entire party to leave if minors are being served or consuming alcohol or if people are behaving in a dangerous or destructive manner.
- Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless Realty and Investment Solutions, as The Duck Pond Farm, from all liability for improper use of alcohol. Renter and Bartender assume full regards to liquor service and consumption under the venue contract and ABC licensing.
- No pets or animals (except natural wildlife) are allowed on property with the exception of service animals. Any service animals to be on premises must be made aware of to the Owner. NO pets or animals in the main house, chalet or bunkhouse.
- Fires/Fire pits allowed only in designated areas assigned by Owner/Property Manager. Renter is responsible for maintain control of and ensure the fire is completely extinguished at end of use. Fires/Fire pits will not be allowed during any local "No Burning" restrictions enacted due to severe dry weather. We will work with you to determine if such restrictions or if "burn" permits are required at the time of the event.
- Owner/Property Manager is not responsible for any property placed in the facilities or on the property by Renter or Guests or any property left in the facility or on the premises after the event is over.
- Owner/Property Manager is not liable or responsible for any injuries incurred by renter or guests due to negligence on the individual's part.
- The refundable Security/Damage deposit listed as part of the package agreement and noted in breakdown of payment will be refunded within 7-10 business days following the event after inspection of each building and areas used for such said event. Please notify Owner/Property Manager if damage occurs during the event.
Consideration of total or partial refund will include:
- Damage to any building, properties, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Missing items or articles.
- Property misuse or damage, to include damage by guest or vendors, such as tent placement and removal.
- Additional cleaning need and not completed as required by Renter, to include excessive cigarette butts on property used for event. If the damage or loss exceeds the amount of the security/damage deposit, Renter agrees to repay or replace damaged or missing property.
- The Renter/Client cannot hold the Owner/Property Manager liable from suit, actions, damages and expenses in connection with personal injury, illness, or property damage or theft resulting from the use of any of the facilities. The Renter/Client agrees to hold Owner/Property Manager and its employees harmless, including court costs and attorney fees, in any legal action which may result from this event.
Waiver of Contractual Right
- Failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
Cost and Payment Schedule
- Total of rental agreement can be divided into 2 or 3 payments or paid in full at contract signing. To reserve your date, the Security/Damage deposit and first payment is required at the signing of the contract. If payments are made, the final payment is to be made no later than 90 days prior to event. Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card or debit card. These can be paid in person, mailed or an invoice can be requested for online payment. There is a $5.00 non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee for any returned checks. Any late payments will be assessed a 10% penalty. Make checks payable to RIS (Realty & Investment Solutions) and if mailed, 9400 Couchville Pike, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122.
- Cancellations made within 3 business days following contract signing, the deposit will be refunded, less a $100.00 administration fee.
- Cancellations more than 120 days prior to event will forfeit 25% of contract price.
- Cancellations made 120 or less days prior to event forfeit 50% of the entire payment/contract price.
- Cancellations made 90 or fewer days prior to event forfeit 100% payment/contract price.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE IN WRITING.